Request a Transcript


Happy Holidays!  Jefferson will be closed after 4:30pm on December 19th through 8:00am on Monday, January 5th. During this time we will not be processing any official transcripts.  We apologize for the delay that this may cause your request.

  1. Our goal is to accommodate all eligible student transcript request/orders made by noon, Wednesday, December 17th and send before closure on Friday, December 19th.
    • This excludes any technology or weather related events that could impact work being completed.
    • In the event this was to occur we will post an announcement on our webpage.
  2. We will work as many orders as we can that are placed after noon on December 17th but we cannot guarantee service based on the volume of orders we receive and college mail processes.
  3. We do process your request in the order it was received.
  4. The week of December 15th we will accept no on demand transcript orders for students that were enrolled for fall 2014.

Our online order process does track your order so you will be notified of your status.

Online Request (Preferred method):

Jefferson Community & Technical College has authorized the National Student Clearinghouse to provide transcript ordering via the web. You can order transcripts using any major credit card. Your card will only be charged after your order has been completed.

In Person Request:

Transcripts can be requested in person by coming to the Registrar’s Office on your campus and can be mailed in 3-5 business days. There is a $5.00 charge for each transcript requested.  Please pay with a credit or debit card.  If you are on the Carrollton or Bullitt Campus, there is an additional $2.25 processing charge. You may opt to mail to your own home or pick up at the Downtown, Southwest & Technical Campus.

On Demand Option:

Transcripts requested in person may be picked up at the time they are ordered at our Downtown, Southwest and Technical Campus. There is a $7.00 charge for this service and that must be paid in full by cash, debit/credit or money order (no checks). Not every student’s record or every order can be fulfilled in this manner.  If you choose this option please know the transcript will be issued to the student and not the college or organization you wish to receive the transcript.  Please check with the college or organization first to ensure this fits their needs.

Possible delays:

If you have an outstanding debt or a financial hold, the college can not mail out an official transcript.  You will have to pay in full before your transcripts will be processed and released.  Histories or transcripts of students who were enrolled prior to Summer 1987 may take 10-12 business days to process.  In 2009, Jefferson Community and Technical College's Downtown Campus suffered a flood that caused considerable damage on the lower levels of two buildings. One of the buildings housed student records from 1968 to 1986.  Most student records were recovered, however, processing a request for this timeframe can take longer (up to 10 days).  If your records were damaged the college will supply you with an official letter to share with the agency requiring a transcript.

If you have questions about your transcript, contact the Records Office or the Student Information Center.